This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: On inlining in C++
- From: Gabriel Dos Reis <gdr at integrable-solutions dot net>
- To: dewar at gnat dot com (Robert Dewar)
- Cc: aph at redhat dot com, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: 04 Aug 2003 19:21:26 +0200
- Subject: Re: On inlining in C++
- Organization: Integrable Solutions
- References: <20030804171108.F24ECF2D85@nile.gnat.com>
firstname.lastname@example.org (Robert Dewar) writes:
| > I do not believe that would be a surprise to anyone who thought about
| > it for a minute.
| Well I prefer to rely on my experience (which is that I have seen a lot
| of cases in which users are surprised to find that inlining slows things
| down), than your belief :-)
Again, this is an issue about C++ meaning of inline. Not Ada's.