Re: [tree-ssa] Problems building fortran (gmp) with latest cvs-version

Daniel Berlin <dberlin@dberlin.org> writes:

> On Monday, July 28, 2003, at 4:58 PM, Phil Edwards wrote:
> > On Mon, Jul 28, 2003 at 10:52:19PM +0200, Steven Bosscher wrote:
> >> gfortran cannot find GMP because there is no autoconf test for it.  We
> >> just didn't know how to write one.  There's beer for the autoconf guru
> >> who can help us with this nastiness...
> > I don't claim to be an autoconf guru, but... beer and autoconf?
> > Sign me up.
> Oh great.
> autoconf isn't bad enough, now we want to program it while drunk.

There seems to have been some work performed on this since toplevel
configure tries to find libgmp, however, it still fails since it finds
the old version in /usr/include and bombs with
checking for correct version of gmp.h... configure: error: gmp version 3.0 or later is required

Is this something that should be fixed automagically when building on
FreeBSD-systems or should it be up to the user to specify the location
using --with-gmp=/usr/local/?

/LS