This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Efficacy of optimizations.
- From: <tm_gccmail at mail dot kloo dot net>
- To: kernel_learner <kernel_learner at yahoo dot com>
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Fri, 1 Aug 2003 14:12:34 -0700 (PDT)
- Subject: Re: Efficacy of optimizations.
On Fri, 1 Aug 2003, kernel_learner wrote:
This question is not about gcc internals and is more about
compilers in general.
A more appropriate forum for this question would be the Usenet
> Hi all,
> I had a general question about compiler optimizations
> and believe this is a great place to ask!
> First of all there are numerous number of compiler
> optimizations and they each have their own
> characteristics..my questions is two-fold:
> 1. What is the cost/benefit ratio of these
> 2. How do these compiler optimizations interact? i.e.
> does one optimization negate the effect of another
> optimization if done in a particular order?
> Looking forward to replies..
> Do you Yahoo!?
> Yahoo! SiteBuilder - Free, easy-to-use web site design software