This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Efficacy of optimizations.
- From: kernel_learner <kernel_learner at yahoo dot com>
- To: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Fri, 1 Aug 2003 14:08:15 -0700 (PDT)
- Subject: Efficacy of optimizations.
I had a general question about compiler optimizations
and believe this is a great place to ask!
First of all there are numerous number of compiler
optimizations and they each have their own
characteristics..my questions is two-fold:
1. What is the cost/benefit ratio of these
2. How do these compiler optimizations interact? i.e.
does one optimization negate the effect of another
optimization if done in a particular order?
Looking forward to replies..
Do you Yahoo!?
Yahoo! SiteBuilder - Free, easy-to-use web site design software