This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] Optimize x*x*x*x*x*x using 3 multiplications.
- From: Michael Matz <matz at suse dot de>
- To: Richard Kenner <kenner at vlsi1 dot ultra dot nyu dot edu>
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Fri, 1 Aug 2003 04:59:14 +0200 (CEST)
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Optimize x*x*x*x*x*x using 3 multiplications.
On Thu, 31 Jul 2003, Richard Kenner wrote:
> Like I said it's an experiment still, not thought for inclusion.
> Sure, but comments should be the *first* thing written, so that they guide
> the code.
Like with every rule stated in this absolute way, I disagree with it.
Though I understand what you are getting at.
> If you are posting something for review, the comments will say more
> about it than the code itself and will be much quicker to read.
I hear you. And I said, that it wasn't meant for review.