Re: [GCC] Status of Chill-frontend and Pascal

On Wed, 30 Jul 2003, Andreas Meier <andreas.meier_@gmx.de> wrote:

> in http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc/2002-06/msg01356.html Trevor Jenkins wrote,
> what he wants to re-introduce the Chill-frontend.
> What will be done with this frontend in near future?

I've been waiting on a request for access to a Chill test suite. Can't now
remember to whom that request was sent.

My *only* reason for re-integrating Chill is as an example front-end. The
sources are self-contained it being a recursive descent compiler not
needing support from yacc/lex bison/flex. Much better than toy.

If there is a real need for the Chill front-end to go back in then I can
accelerate my efforts but as yours is the only request (here) in several
months/years it doesn't seem to be a hot topic.

> What will be done with the Pascal frontend in near future?

No idea. I'm not involved other than asking the same question several
years ago.

Regards, Trevor

<>< Re: deemed!