Re: std::pow implementation

Op wo 30-07-2003, om 17:43 schreef Scott Robert Ladd:
> At the very least, a compiler should report when it has made a choice
> counter to the programmer's wishes. If I declare a function inline, and
> the compiler decides otherwise, it should inform me of its rebellion.
> Perhaps I'll even agree with it -- but I want to know when my tools make
> choices for me. I am writing the program, not the compiler.

I plan to split the function body size estimate code out in a separate
function (if no-one does so before me), that would be a first step
towards improving the messages you get from -Winline. Right now it just
tells you that it didn't inline something, but not why, so it's not very
helpful.

Gr.
Steven