Re: std::pow implementation

Steven Bosscher <s.bosscher@student.tudelft.nl> writes:

> [...]
| > |
| > | Then you must be glad, I'm sure, that you're going to contribute a
| > | serious improvement to G++ :-)
| >
| > I'm taking this issue seriously in case you have some doubt.
|
| I don't doubt it all.  You're obviously very passionate about this.

I distinguish between being serious and being passionate.
The later does not require argumentation.

| > You (steven Bosscher) are  trying to turn it into a flame war, to have
| > an excuse to ignore the issue.  Sigh.
|
| I'm not trying to turn anything into a flame war,

I beg to be doubtful given the number of times you attempted to side
track the discussion.

[...]

| You keep saying ``Please do give "inline" its original meaning'', but
| apparently the people who you're asking to do so disagree with your
| ideas and therfore are probably not going to do it.

They disagreed with me and the reasons they gave were most (all?)
unfounded ranging from bogus quotes to the standard to assuming that
the programmer's use of "inline" is most of the time nonsensible.

[...]

| Heck, who can tell wether you're right or wrong!?  I don't think you are
| right, but I can't prove that.  So all I ask is that if you are
| convinced you're right, you should try to prove it.

Please, refrain from putting words in my month.
(Did you say you're not attempting to turn this into a flame war?)

-- Gaby