Re: Development plan *ducks* (Re: Loop optimizer issues)

Op di 29-07-2003, om 01:32 schreef Jan Hubicka:
> > One option is moving out the most recent new features (intermodule,
> > C++-unit-at-a-time, other bug-causing/uncovering patches) off the trunk
>
> Are there so many PR on unit-at-a-time?  I hope I've fixed all of them
> today, but I found only 5 of them so far in the bugzilla and some of
> other bugs we noticed while building the packages on hammer branch where
> I backported it for more testing.

You may not yet have discovered all the bugs/regressions unit-at-a-time
might have introduced.  Just because it works for a lot of code doesn't
mean it will work for all code, or worse, that it will not break other
code in ways difficult to detect (look for black swans, not white ones).

For example, bug 11131, a mainline regression, doesn't look related to
unit-at-a-time.  But I just found out that your unit-at-a-time patch
seems to have caused that bug to re-appear.  It's a pessimizes-code bug,
so regtesting could have missed it.  Now in this case there's a test
case for it, but who knows what else may be wrong that we don't know
about yet?

> We are about to build all the SuSE Linux pakcages with unit-a-t-atime so
> it should get enought testing in a week or so.

Cool, good luck!  Will those packages be available for download? ;-p

Gr.
Steven