Re: [autoconf-conversion] Re: Toplevel configury, multilibs, new autoconf versions

> Because AS and LD aren't touched by config-ml.in, and libstdc++-v3 doesn't
> use $CC (or should be, at least.)

Ok, a silly question...

> My local-changes tree happens to be a unified one, and I didn't have any
> problem with the faked multilib build (for whatever that's worth).

That's good, but I think CC should be preserved too.

You might multilib on -mrtd or -mregparm=3 if you're building for x86, which
will definitely break things if they go wrong.  That's much less faked and,
to some extent, it might even be useful (but not in an unified tree, as it
will interact with assembly language files in newlib and BTW also in
libffi -- so no Java as well).

> > Also, did you do this by modifying the configure script manually or by
> > overriding an Autoconf macro definition?
>
> The latter.

Which is great.

Paolo