Help compiling gcc 3.3

Hello,
I have recently downloaded gcc 3.3 and tried to build a cross compiler. However, at certain points, the make process has errors, which I have traced back to the abscence of some header files. In the file <gcc-source>/gcc/gthr-posix.h, there are includes for <unistd.h> and <pthread.h>, neither of which are in the standard include path. I found these headers elsewhere in the source; are these the correct files? If not, where can I obtain these files? Any help would be appreciated. FYI, I am running Red Hat Linux 9, gcc 3.2.2, glibc 2.3.2, on an Intel 686 architecture. I am trying to build a cross-compiler for i386 architecture. Thanks!

Deskin Miller