This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: 3.3.1 bug fix list, first crude draft
- From: "Mark Mitchell" <mark at codesourcery dot com>
- To: "Joe Buck" <jbuck at synopsys dot com>,<gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2003 21:40:35 -0700
- Subject: Re: 3.3.1 bug fix list, first crude draft
- Organization: CodeSourcery, LLC
- References: <20030716170958.A2158@synopsys.com>
----- Original Message -----
From: "Joe Buck" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Sent: Wednesday, July 16, 2003 5:09 PM
Subject: 3.3.1 bug fix list, first crude draft
> Here's a first shot at a bug fix list for 3.3.1. Ideally, it could be
> obtained by searching for RESOLVED/FIXED with target milestone=3.3.1.
> Unfortunately life is a bit harder, because a number of bugs were closed
> as fixed in 3.4 without resetting the target milestone; I also know of
> three bugs that are fixed in 3.3.1 but whose target milestone says 3.4.
> To make the task of preparing release notes less painful, I'd like to
> get agreement that "target milestone" for a fixed bug means the earliest
> planned release that will contain the fix. That means that if a bug is
> closed as fixed in 3.4, and it is then decided to backport the fix for
> 3.3.2, the target milestone would be changed to compensate.
I agree that this should be the policy.