Re: Ghost testcase eb42.C

On Thu, Jul 24, 2003 at 10:15:54PM -0400, Jean-Pierre Radley wrote:
> Andrew Pinski typed (on Thu, Jul 24, 2003 at 10:02:13PM -0400):
>
> | On Thursday, Jul 24, 2003, at 21:49 US/Eastern, Daniel Jacobowitz
> | wrote:
> |
> | >I noticed today that one of my checkouts has
> | >gcc/testsuite/g++.old-deja/g++.robertl/eb42.C in it, and another two
> | >don't.
> | >`
> | >I went to investigate and I'm heartily confused - the file was dead,
> | >then brought back to life by bkoz, but remains in the Attic in CVS.
> | >So sometimes it gets checked out and sometimes it doesn't, according
> | >to the phase of the moon.
> | >
> | >Am I interpreting this right?  If so would someone mind fixing the
> | >repository?
> |
> | This looks like it has been messed up for a long time.
> | The last time it was touched was 2 years and 3 months ago
> | but it was messed up before that from reading the log:
> | <http://gcc.gnu.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/gcc/gcc/testsuite/g%2b%2b.old-
> | deja/g%2b%2b.robertl/Attic/eb42.C>.  The reason I say it was messed up
> | before that was from log about the merges into the branches.
> |
> | I think sometime in 1998 it was messed up.
>
> Because robertl was (and is) a SCO employee?

If your comment was intended to be humorous, that wasn't clear.  Consider
including a smiley in the future.

If your comment was intended as childish sniping, demonstrating only
immaturity and a willingness to jump to ridiculous conclusions (the problem
has apparently existed for a long time, but SCO just recently begin making
fools of themselves), then you've succeeded.

Phil