GCC Release Status (2003-07-19)

GCC 3.3.1
=========

GCC 3.3.1 is 1 day behind schedule, at this point.

However, I plan to make the first prerelease tarball tonight.  There
will be another prerelease tarball in the early part of next week.  I
expect the final release to go out on or about Friday, July 25th.

There are 21 regressions still targeted for GCC 3.3.1 (down from 51
last week).  Much of the reduction comes from me postponing
non-critical bugs to 3.3.2.  Of the 21 marked for GCC 3.3.1, I do not
think any are show-stoppers.  I plan to try to fix a couple more
myself, and I believe that there may be patches outstanding for a
couple of others.  If you have a patch for any of these PRs that I
have not reviewed, please let me know.

It would have been nice if more of the 3.3.1 PRs had been fixed, but
there seems to be little incremental progress being made, so we'll go
with what we've got.  A huge number of PRs were fixed between GCC
3.3 and GCC 3.3.1, which is great.

GCC 3.4
=======

GCC 3.4 is in Stage 2.

There are 306 regressions targeted for GCC 3.4 (up from 282) last
week.  Of those, 109 (up from 107) are C++ PRs.  I hope that people
will start attacking these PRs now; getting 300+ regressions fixed
represents a very substantial effort.

--
Mark Mitchell
CodeSourcery, LLC