Re: Another issue with diagnostic format-checker

Gabriel Dos Reis <gdr@integrable-solutions.net> writes:

> "Kaveh R. Ghazi" <ghazi@caip.rutgers.edu> writes:
>
> | I agree inclusion order dependencies is an issue in need of solving.
> | Though perhaps "disaster" and "nightmare" is a bit overwrought. :-)
>
> I apologize if I sounded a bit rude, but changing something unsafe
> (xxx_with_decl) to something safe (www + %D) and having that reject
> sent me in agony-land.

Describing xxx_with_decl as "unsafe" is a bit overblown, don't you
think?  It has worked fine for years.  I am completely in favor of
getting rid of it, on cleanliness and flexibility grounds, but I don't
see where the code was unsafe.

> <front-end>/Make-lang.in is a good place, I would say.  What about:
>
>    BOOT_CFLAGS = $(BOOT_CFLAGS) -DGCC_DIAG_STYLE=__gcc_xxx__

This does not belong in the Makefiles.  Period.

zw