Re: 3.3.1 bug fix list, first crude draft wrote:
On Thu, Jul 17, 2003 at 10:43:12PM +0200, Toon Moene wrote:

Fortran/10986 [3.3/3.4 regression] ICE in ffeste_R839 at f/ste.c:2984
[ICE on invalid code]

The Bugzilla log ends with "Fix is in the mainline but not in the 3.3.1 branch."
If the patch has now been backported, someone please update Bugzilla and
change the target milestone to 3.3.1.  I'd like to get to the point where
the bugs mentioned in the release notes exactly match what someone would
get with the proper Bugzilla query, to get out of the current extremely
laborious process I use (sort of a merge of looking at the bug database
and the changelogs and tossing in bugs that I see mentioned on the list)
before my brain and fingers explode.

Yep, you're right. This shouldn't have been classified as a regression in the first place, because it always has been wrong.

Note that Fortran/9864 is actually debug/9864.

So there's nothing Fortran-specific here? If so, I'll remove "(fortran)".

Ah - good point. The problem is indeed Fortran specific (it's a problem with the way global symbols were handled in the Fortran front end). However, someone changed the "component" of the bug report from fortran to debug ...

Toon Moene - - phoneto: +31 346 214290
Maintainer, GNU Fortran 77:
GNU Fortran 95: (under construction)