Re: Request for Assistance: GCC 3.3.1 Code-Gen Problems

Eric Botcazou <ebotcazou@libertysurf.fr> wrote:
>> 1)  Once for all before /everything/, i.e., not on a per-command basis.
>
> Well, given the transitivity of the "before" binary relation, once for all
> before the first command certainly implies once for all before everything :-)

It might, if "before" weren't ambiguous.
$ var=value command1
$ command2
Is var=value "before" command1?  Is it "before" command2?  Is command1
"before" command2?

>> 2)  Solaris' sh doesn't like "export X=Y".  It must be two statements,
>>     "X=Y; export X".
>
> Are you sure?

$ sh -c 'export foo=bar'
sh: foo=bar: is not an identifier

> At least it likes "export CONFIG_SHELL=/bin/ksh" because I've been
> using this line since the very beginning on the 5 versions of
> Solaris and never had any problems (and yes, echo $CONFIG_SHELL
> returns the right answer).

Are you sure it's /bin/sh that's interpreting that command?

paul