Re: [tree-ssa] Maintaining g95

Ben Elliston wrote:

Paul Brook <paul@nowt.org> writes:

We thing we're now ready for inclusion. Nothing special needs to be
done: just drop in the g95 and libgfor directories, and a small
patch to teach toplevel configure about libgfor.

libgfor seems like an award name -- it's not clear what "for" stands for. [:-)] Is it the G95 runtime? If so, how about libg95?

Indeeed - an award-winning name :-) - What we try to achieve is to loosen the strings between the GNU Fortran 95 project and the Fortran 95 standard. In about a year there will be a new standard (informally known as Fortran 2000); obviously we want to expand the compiler (and run time library to embrace that standard. It won't be helpful to be bound to the `g95' name, then ...

GNU Fortran 95: http://gcc-g95.sourceforge.net/ (under construction)