Re: 3.3 problem of -fzero-initialized-in-bss w/-ffreestanding

> OTOH, I'm not unbiased WRT this optmization, and I can certainly see
> that it is important for GCC to continue to be able to compile older
> releases of emacs.

What I see above all is that we said that we were commited to making sure
that GCC produces a working Emacs and we failed.

> So I'll leave it up to others to decide what to do and I'll be ok with
> either outcome.

Mark, the release is approaching so the final decision should be made
quickly.

Should we unconditionally switch to -fno-zero-initialized-in-bss for 3.3.1?

--
Eric Botcazou