Feature idea for GCC: link dependencies

Hi,

Currently a C/C++ program's source is usually bundled with a makefile or
with scripts producing one. This has two inconveniences:
* The novice programmer has to learn to handle makefiles and perhaps the
autotools in addition to learning C/C++
* The makefile (or makefile.am) has to be kept in sync with
added/removed/renamed files.

Last year I had an idea for two extensions to C/C++, one of which improves
the problems stated above. After presenting the idea to this list (
http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc/2002-11/msg01140.html ), I got some feedback and improved the
idea. Here are the results: http://in3www.epfl.ch/~schaffne/use/use.html

Of the two extensions, the one enabling automatic makefile creation is IMO
more useful and also easier to implement, which I did. Here is a patch against
recent CVS: http://in3www.epfl.ch/~schaffne/use/gcc-cvs-3-7-10-linkdep.ptch
. I would like to know if it could be included in GCC at some point.

Thanks.

Martin Schaffner