Re: function arguments offset computation with -fomit-frame-pointer

On Wednesday 09 July 2003 20:05, Hans-Peter Nilsson wrote:

 > >  I would like to, but how can I automate running test programs on a
 > > ColdFire target connected via BDM cable?
 >
 > I don't know the exact details for using a BDM cable, but see
 > the dejagnu manual; testing can be done on a variety of boards
 > and through a variety of connections, protocols and
 > cross-environments.

 I've just read the documentation you've pointed me to and learned
about this whole new world of advanced facilities for automated
testing I couldn't believe possible.

 I've run make check sometimes and I knew something about dejagnu, but
I couldn't imagine how far the cross developement tools had got.

 Forgive me for language, but I think this way of doing regression
tests over simulators using a combined tree seriously kicks ass! ;-)

 > >  Could I use a simulator of some kind?
 >
 > Yes, this is IMHO the easiest way to do it (once code is in
 > place that is; after setting it up the first time).

 I've seen it's rather complicated. Too bad gcc/binutils/gdb don't
share a single CVS tree.

 > There's a newlib and a libgloss port for m68k, and it seems the
 > necessary simulator low-level bits have been written, but I
 > don't know for what simulator, and I see no m68k simulator in
 > sim/ or sid/.

 I see. There's an interesting ColdFire emulator which is even able
to run uClinux:

   http://www.lightbox.org/coldfire/

But I guess making it work with gcc's test infrastructure requires a
lot of integration. It would really be too far away from my original
project ;-)

\X/  http://www.develer.com/

Please don't send Word attachments - http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/no-word-attachments.html