release tarballs should have LAST_UPDATED containing release tag?

I'm building from release tarballs (you can see my automated build-and-test
script at http://kegel.com/crosstool).  I am running the gcc regression
test, followed by contrib/test_summary.  My script aborts because test_summary
exits with nonzero status, with the error
/foo/gcc-3.3-glibc-2.2.5/gcc-3.3/LAST_UPDATED: No such file or directory

I see that file is supposed to be created by contrib/gcc_update with the
date.  It might be nice for the released gcc tarballs to contain
a LAST_UPDATED file containing just the release tag.
- Dan

--
Dan Kegel
http://www.kegel.com