Re: PATCH: [3.3 branch] IA64 bootstrap failure

"H. J. Lu" <hjl@lucon.org> writes:

>> Rejected, even if it fixes the bug.  Your autoconf test is wrong -
>> __builtin_constant_p existed all the way back to 2.7 or earlier, but
>> did not do what insn-conditions.c needs until 3.0.1 - and furthermore
>
> Look closely, there is nothing wrong with my autoconf test, which
> tests static array initializers.

2.7 or 2.95 would pass your test, then reject compilation of
insn-conditions.c (which contains much more complicated expressions as
arguments to __builtin_constant_p).  Don't bother trying to fix that.
Fix the real bug instead.

> Without my patch, I can't even compare the dumps between stage1 and
> stage2 compilers since they come from different source files.

You're welcome to disable insn-conditions in your own tree for
debugging purposes.

zw