This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: GCC version 2 on SunOS 4.1.4
- From: Jim Wilson <wilson at tuliptree dot org>
- To: Srinivasan Jagannathan <jsrini at cs dot ucsb dot edu>
- Cc: gcc-bugs at gcc dot gnu dot org, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Tue, 08 Jul 2003 12:30:06 -0700
- Subject: Re: GCC version 2 on SunOS 4.1.4
- References: <Pine.LNX.email@example.com>
Srinivasan Jagannathan wrote:
I am trying to install gcc-2.95.3 on SunOS 4.1.4. However, I get the
Very few people still have SunOS 4 machines. You may find it hard to
find someone that can help.
./genattr ./config/sparc/sparc.md > tmp-attr.h
ld.so: Undefined symbol: _alloca
This is a linking problem of some sort. There is an alloca function in
libiberty, perhaps you can arrange to use this one in there isn't one in
the Sun C library. Or maybe using static linking will help, if there is
an alloca in the static C library but not in the shared C library.
I checked out the gcc online docs and found the following:
"....Warning: there is a bug in alloca in the Sun library. To avoid this
This note is unrelated to the problem you ran into.