Re: What happened to libfeutil?

On Monday, July 7, 2003, at 07:55 PM, Phil Edwards wrote:

On Mon, Jul 07, 2003 at 04:01:04PM -0700, Geoffrey Keating wrote:
On Monday, July 7, 2003, at 03:54 PM, Zack Weinberg wrote:

What happened was, I prematurely created directories named libfeutil
and libfeutil/include in the CVS repository, then changed my mind and
deleted them - but the only way I know how to delete a directory in
CVS is to go into the repository and rmdir it by hand.  Since I never
checked anything into these directories, I thought this would be
harmless, but it seems I was mistaken.

Yes, it's not harmless. There's no safe way to delete a directory in CVS, the only solution is to just take care when creating them in the first place, or to not worry too much about dead directories.

Since contrib/gcc_update's default options are -Pd, which do not create dead directories, I fall squarely in the latter camp, and so should the rest of you. *huge grin*

Actually, -Pd only does not create *empty* directories. This directory didn't contain any other files, but it did contain other directories, which is why the automated tester got it.

--
Geoff Keating <geoffk@apple.com>