Re: [tree-ssa] PPC bootstraps still broken

On Tue, 2003-07-08 at 09:21, law@redhat.com wrote:

> I'm on the road all week (leaving in about 20 minutes).  I can fire up a
> bootstrap after I return.

OK, no problem.  I'll figure it out eventually.  The machine is also
giving sporadic SEGVs when linking.  I'm just about ready to kick it out
the window.  I definitely need a new ppc box.

> So, what happens if you compile one of the failing .i files with the stage1
> and stage2 compilers?  Do you get the same .s file or ones that differ?

Yes, the two .s files differ.  It doesn't seem to be an assembler
problem.  The tree dump files also differ in what seems to amount to
nothing but temporary names (that always happens, so it's not easy to
tell from tree dumps whether a miscompare is due to the tree optimizers)

Diego.