Re: ObjC improvements and ObjC++

> >Is there any hope of ObjC runtime unification, and of documenting the
> >ObjC ABI?
>
> [...]
>
> But seriously, it would be a substantial effort with (at best)
> a limited payoff.  Apple would never give it priority over
> speeding up GCC, at least not until GCC was the fastest compiler
> on Macs.

Yes - your priorities seem right - even from a GNU point of view, I think
speeding up GCC is higher priority than ObjC runtime unification.

On the other hand, I'd really love to see ObjC runtime unification and
some sort of cross-vendor ObjC official specification, up to the small
details.  I'd be probably willing to volunteer to help with this task.
It might have limited short-term payoff, but it would benefit the language
considerably in the long-term.