This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: ObjC improvements and ObjC++
- From: "Zack Weinberg" <zack at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Stan Shebs <shebs at apple dot com>
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Mon, 07 Jul 2003 20:00:09 -0700
- Subject: Re: ObjC improvements and ObjC++
- References: <3F0A22C2.firstname.lastname@example.org>
Stan Shebs <email@example.com> writes:
> However, the local changes are lengthy and somewhat intertwined,
> and it seems like excessive makework to try to separate and patch
> them into the trunk one at a time; so I'd like to have a relatively
> short-lived objc-improvements-branch to stage the changes, test
> them away from Apple's other local changes and on other platforms,
> with GNUstep, etc, and then move them into the trunk en masse. 99%
> of the basic ObjC changes will be in gcc/objc; there are a couple
> to generic C frontend code, and one dubious change to calls.c that
> will need extra special attention.
This seems to me like a sensible plan.
Is there any hope of ObjC runtime unification, and of documenting the