Re: [tree-ssa libmudflap long] multithreading fixes, build reorg, testsuite extensions

"Frank Ch. Eigler" wrote:
> Why not just post the diffs as formal patch submissions?  You
> have a copyright assignment now - you could do your development
> right in our CVS repository.

Are you saying that I can do commits? I understood that posting to
gcc-patches in the way to go (which I will do once I get some
confidence from a full test run).

Talking about tests... I had my tests running all day, and after
about 10 hours I see this logged:

mf: erroneous reentrancy detected in `__mf_register'
ssasrsv.orig: ../../../gcc/libmudflap/mf-runtime.c:668: __mf_check:
Assertion `rc==0' failed.

The second line is then repeated 1300 times. The program
running then (my main multithreaded server) is not active
anymore (some kind of lockup?).

mf-runtime.c:668 is the first line of __mf_check, a  LOCKTH ().

BTW, this error did show up once, very early in the tests, in
a non-critical program. That program is one of the simplest
I have (does the same as "echo `date` $*"). While it does launch
a thread, it proceeds to join it, so there is hardly any
concurrency. It logged a line identical to the first above
and aborted.

--
Eyal Lebedinsky (eyal@eyal.emu.id.au) <http://samba.org/eyal/>