This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Successful build of gcc-3.3 on alpha-dec-osf4.0f
- From: Janis Johnson <janis187 at us dot ibm dot com>
- To: Arnold Vogelsang <vogelsang at interactive-instruments dot de>
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org, bkoz at redhat dot com, tromey at redhat dot com
- Date: Tue, 1 Jul 2003 10:43:30 -0700
- Subject: Re: Successful build of gcc-3.3 on alpha-dec-osf4.0f
- References: <2BD59DF8C144A241813567D977492C31041AD8@andromeda.interactive-instruments.de>
On Tue, Jul 01, 2003 at 12:30:32PM +0200, Arnold Vogelsang wrote:
> Successful bootstrap build of gcc-3.3. Some tweaks were necessary.
> The following two files took a VERY long time to compile during
> According to output of ps-command these candidates wasted approximately
> 2 hours cpu time
> mostly reported being in an uninterruptible sleeping state. Compilation
> time could be speeded up a
> little by renicing the compilation process, but the overall bootstrap
> time lasted over more than 3 days.
> Does anyone have an idea why this happens?
> On the other hand, please be patient...
Benjamin and Tom, I've copied you because it's quite likely you didn't
notice this message. Is it expected for these to spend a lot of time