This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Successful build
- From: Andrew Pinski <pinskia at physics dot uc dot edu>
- To: Dan Schult <dschult at mail dot colgate dot edu>
- Cc: Andrew Pinski <pinskia at physics dot uc dot edu>, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Tue, 1 Jul 2003 11:11:59 -0400
- Subject: Re: Successful build
On Tuesday, Jul 1, 2003, at 11:06 US/Eastern, Dan Schult wrote:
I successfully built gcc 3.3 on a Mac G4 with system Mac OS 10.1.5.
Here is the information you request on your install webpage.
1) from config.guess
2) from gcc-v
Reading specs from
Configured with: ../gcc-3.3/configure --enable-languages=c,f77
Thread model: single
gcc version 3.3
I was not able to successfully build java or c++.
I suspect it would be worth getting powerpc-apple-darwin6
to do this.
You can get c++ working for darwin 5.5 (aka Mac OS X 10.1.5)
by using these patches:
I think you only need the std_cctype.h hunk of the patch.
C++ is supported "out of the box" for darwin 6.3
Java is being worked on, there are still issues though.