Re: Not delivering {bugs,gnats,faq}.html in releases

> The point of this is providing documentation for gccbug, by way of "lynx
> -source http://gcc.gnu.org/bugzilla/describecomponents.cgi"; in the release
> script.

That's ok, but then someone else will have to do the work. I'm not
volunteering my time for the gccbug script.

Look, we now have ~400 bug submissions every month. Daniel was so kind as to
do some counting, and it turns out that <5 of these 400 are sent in by
gccbug. I bet, if we went through who sent in these PRs, we'd find only well
known names from inside the gcc project, people who know about categories
themselves and don't need to look them up. It's a waste of time arguing with
theoretical air castles that there are lots of people out there who prefer to
use mail for bug submission.

> Removing documentation previously present in releases of how to use part
> of those releases would certainly be a regression.

Presenty we have the choice of shipping documentation that is outdated,
dysfunctional and wrong, and not shipping any documentation at all (removing
gnats.html). I vote for the latter. As I said above, I'm not volunteering to
provide up-to-date information.

W.

Wolfgang Bangerth              email:            bangerth@ices.utexas.edu
                               www: http://www.ices.utexas.edu/~bangerth/