Re: importing another file into top-level include directory?

DJ Delorie <dj@redhat.com> writes:

>> It has in fact caused me headaches that not all of the files at the
>> top level are in sync, when setting up combined trees.  The affected
>> files are:
>
> None of those are covered by libiberty's sync script, since they're in
> neither libiberty/ nor include/

Would you be willing to extend the sync script to cover those
top-level files which are currently (by fortune) in sync, and
pick up others as they come into sync?

<pipe-dream>
Automatic pickup of config.guess/config.sub from the master would be a
nice thing to have; ditto the other trivial scripts (install-sh,
move-if-change, mkinstalldirs, symlink-tree).  Automatic import of
new versions of is unfortunately infeasible at the moment.
</>

>> There is no good reason for config-ml.in, install-sh, libtool.m4,
>> ltconfig, ltmain.sh not to be in sync, but there might be a bad
>> reason, if you see what I mean.
>
> Neither src nor gcc are the masters for these.

Er, if neither src nor gcc owns config-ml.in, then who does?

zw