Re: Unit at a time C++ again

On Wed, 2003-06-18 at 05:26, Jan Hubicka wrote:
> Mark,
> after some frustration I got back to the unit-at-a-time and it appears
> difficult to get there without doing quite a lot of intrusive modifications at
> once, so I would like to discuss with you a plan whether it is possible to get
> unit-at-a-time working with gcc-3.4 timeframe (it would be nice to do as it
> would be easier to modify inlining heuristics to avoid some dead ends we are
> seeing now).

As I said before, I don't think we should consider this work until it
handles both template instantiation and data emission.  Otherwise, we're
getting far less than halfway there; the places where we're seeing big
problems relate to the interaction between all of these things.

(I'd also prefer that the bits that make registration calls into cgraph
not happen until the end of the translation unit.  There's no reason
they should have to be done as we go.)

--
Mark Mitchell
CodeSourcery, LLC