Re: MIPS C++ bug

On Jun 17, 2003, <gp@qnx.com> wrote:

>   ./libsomelib.so: undefined reference to `SomeCls::DEF_INST'

I'm afraid your program is in error.  Even though SomeCls::DEF_INST is
a public static const int, initialized in place, a global definition
of every static data member is still mandatory.  In case the
initializer in the declaration is given, the definition must not have
an initializer.  I.e., add to one of your translation units the
following line:

  const int SomeCls::DEF_INST;

and your program will be well-formed C++ per the current C++ Standard,
and, as a bonus, will likely link correctly too :-)