Re: genattrtab for ia64

Richard Kenner wrote:

>     I think there are still opportunities to decrease memory consumption
>     and it will be on my TODO list.
>
> Would garbage collection help?

  I never liked GC (at least without compacting the heap).  I think if
there is memory leakage it should be fixed in usual way.

  Actually I was thinking about tradeoff "more compact representation vs
speed".

  Is it memory consumption by genattrtab is a real problem for ia64?
I've never seen itanium boxes with less 1GB memory.  I guess you are
building a cross-compiler.

Vlad