Re: Problem with gcc and egcs... compatibility ?

arnaudvillanove@hotmail.com said:
> Therefore, when I compile my files '.cpp', I have a problem because it
> do  not find the libraries. Someone, in my company, told me that there
> is a  problem with symbols : there are differences between the symbols
> of the  libraries and the symbols created in the fiels '.o'.

These versions are indeed non-compatible with many respects.
I think that your only solution is either to upgrade the libraries
compiling them with 3.2 (probably only the C__ ones), or to install
the version of egcs that was used to compile the libraries.

No tool will be able to correct the symbols as the change of symbol
names is only the tip of the iceberg. The way objects are encoded
into memory has changed...

Theodore Papadopoulo
Email: Theodore.Papadopoulo@sophia.inria.fr Tel: (33) 04 92 38 76 01