Re: 3.3 error when inlining

Michael S. Zick wrote:
I think the following confirms that the problem is more extensive...
Use release-3.3, on x86 (for i686)...
Use the below modification of the test case...
Compile without any gcc options, other than: -S -g ...
Inspect output.s ...
Bingo - silent generation of unexpected (wrong?) code.

I just tried this, and I don't see anything wrong with the output. Perhaps you are assuming that there is no optimization if you don't specify -O? This is incorrect. Look at the RTL dumps. Some of the branches are generated and then optimized away, even though -O was not specified. The labels are not optimized away, but that is harmless, after all we aren't trying to optimize here. This is a change from 2.95 which didn't do any optimization at all when -O wasn't specified.

Jim