Re: GCC 3.3.1 and GCC 3.4 Schedule

On Wednesday, June 11, 2003, at 06:16 PM, Wolfgang Bangerth wrote:

On Wednesday 11 June 2003 05:07 pm, jbuck@synopsys.com wrote:
Should we systematically set the target milestone for the latter set of
bugs to 3.3.1?

Yes, I was under the impression that most have. Andrew, if you could go
through them, that would be great! You need to check for "[3.3" since it may
be followed by either " regression]", or "/3.4 regression".

Of course we're not going to get them all, but at some
point those that are going to take more time could be moved to 3.3.2
and those that would require more major work can be moved to 3.4.
Some regressions are less important than others (e.g. ICE on illegal
code, where some reasonable diagnostic comes out).

Yes. We need to come up with a policy of what we should do when a new
regression comes in. I wanted to wait with that, though, until Daniel has
reduced the number of priority and severity states. (That was the reason why
the priorities are presently unreliable: we have too many states, and no
clear policy when to use which of them.)

I'll try to get this done sometime tonight.