Re: Why does libiberty have to build before a C library?

On Jun 10, 2003, DJ Delorie <dj@redhat.com> wrote:

>> target-libiberty could indeed be built after newlib.  Give the
>> following (untested) patch a try.

> Plese don't rely on the list order for that.  If there's a dependency,
> make it explicit.

Problem is, with the serialization dependencies, we have the
dependency both ways, which is exactly the problem you were attempting
to solve.  We already had the explicit dependency, by means of
$(ALL_GCC_C) in the dependency list of configure-target-libiberty.