Re: Standard scheme for maintainer-only debugging code?

I'd be very careful with this.  Whetever we decide, we surely must not
do anything that might dissuade developers from leaving in place code
that will aid a future maintainer.  Even if such code is bit-rotted
and needs fixing it can still be enormously helpful.  However,
develeopers don't want to bloat the compiler with all their debugging
stuff.

#ifdef DEBUG_BARF code has saved my tail more than once.

Andrew.