Re: Why does sparc build for you? or, why are make check resultsreported when it hasn't bootstrapped since May 5?

On Tue, 10 Jun 2003, Brad Lucier wrote:
> I guess I'm a little prickly after trying to build sparc for a month after
> reporting a bootstrap failure and *then* being told that sparc isn't tested
> enough.

Understandably so.  Fact is, I couldn't find a lot of useful test
results for sparc.  Granted I didn't dig far back through
gcc-testresults, and I only recently resubscribed to gcc, so I didn't
see messages from Kaveh and others.

It doesn't help that bootstrap failures aren't generally posted to
gcc-testresults.  I noticed the problem myself, intended to start a binary
search and promptly got busy/lazy/sleep-deprived/etc.

If you are trying to regularly submit test results bootstrapping with
libjava & multilibs, it is certainly appreciated.

Jeff