Re: Why does sparc build for you? or, why are make check results reported when it hasn't bootstrapped since May 5?

> > Solaris builds have failed for long periods in the past, too, and seem to
> > get fixed just before a release.  Solaris would get more testing if the
> > compiler would bootstrap on the architecture.
>
> The other way around.

Sorry, I disagree.  Failures seem to get fixed on the following time scale:
i386--hours; powerpc--days; sparc--months.  That hasn't changed in several
years even when failures are reported in a timely manner.

I guess I'm a little prickly after trying to build sparc for a month after
reporting a bootstrap failure and *then* being told that sparc isn't tested
enough.

Brad