Re: __attribute__((leafify))

> On Tue, 3 Jun 2003, Joseph S. Myers wrote:
> While trying to address this issue I found that __attribute__((leafify))
> indeed does _not_ work :( The problem is we usually have thrown away the
> trees for the to-be inlined functions, which are not marked as to be
> inlined by marking the caller leafify. Ugh. I suppose this can be fixed
> with the unit-at-a-time global CFG? So __attribute__((leafify)) would
> either depend on the user marking relevant functions inline and hope
> the compiler does expansion in the right order (just specifying
> -finline-functions is not enough for moderately complex testcases) or
> depend on -funit-at-a-time which is not yet available for C++?
>
> Jan? Any different suggestions?

With -funit-at-a-time it is trivial.  I would like to improve the
inlining heuristics somewhat in this scheme (I think we can limit the
overall unit size growth that would solve most of our problems with code
size explossion with the inlining).
Concerning the unit-at-a-time at C++ I am not quite sure when we will
reach to it.   My current unit-at-a-time patch does not appear to be
acceptable for Mark and he has suggested more intrussive what where I am
not sure I will be able to implement it soon.

Honza