Re: [tree-ssa] RFC: Never gimplify ASM_EXPRs

On Thursday, Jun 5, 2003, at 20:51 America/New_York, Richard Henderson wrote:

I wonder if GIMPLE needs better annotations on parameters?
In particular, I recall that Ada can explicitly set in, out
or inout in the source code.

That is true, but the implementation has some freedom to pass things either by value (ie. copy in, copy out) or by reference. Only for scalars is pass-by-value required. In practice, GNAT tries to follow the C ABI where equivalent C types exist.

-Geert