Re: RFC: Moving C to its own directory

Neil Booth wrote:

Steven Bosscher wrote:-

Can this be done without losing revision history? IIRC there was a thread about a year and a half ago about this, and the argument against it was that you'd lose all that information, and that we therefore should wait until sources.redhat moves from CVS to subversions.

I believe it can, but I'm not volounteering to do it. If retaining history is required, someone else will have to do it or we keep the current directory layout.

I think we really should; it really helps a lot if you only have to deal with one repository with incremental changes if you're hunting regressions. OTOH, getting all those c-* files out of the gcc/ directory is something one can only cheer about...

That argument was 18 months ago; subversions is still not released
and when I last used it about 6 months ago was surprisingly slow.

That is a shame :-(

Gr.
Steven