Re: RFC: Moving C to its own directory

Neil Booth wrote:

Following a brief discussion with rth at the summit, and just
now on IRC, I thought I'd post what the current plan is.

1) Create a directory fe/
2) Create a directory fe/c/
3) Move c-specific and C common files, like c-lex.c, there.
4) Move objc/ to fe/ too.

I originally suggested fe/c/c/ fe/c/cp/ and fe/c/objc, but Zack
thought that was overkill and made configury harder, though I
still like the separation myself.

cp/, f/ and java/ and (ugh) ada/ should be moved too, but I'm not
volounteering to do those.

If there are no further comments, I will do 1-4) some time in the
future.  I'm quite busy at present, so it'll probably be at least
2 months.

Can this be done without losing revision history? IIRC there was a thread about a year and a half ago about this, and the argument against it was that you'd lose all that information, and that we therefore should wait until sources.redhat moves from CVS to subversions.

Gr.
Steven