Re: Documenting tools necessary for GCC [draft]

On Thu, 2003-05-29 at 23:46, Gerald Pfeifer wrote:
> On Thu, 29 May 2003, Kaveh R. Ghazi wrote:
> > I'm wondering if we should recommend openssh?  If so, what version?
>
> As far as I recall, we must not recommend any version of SSH.COM's SSH
> (that's clear) nor OpenSSH, but <http://www.lysator.liu.se/~nisse/lsh/>.
>
> To that end, I'd really just specify SSH and nothing else, for I am not
> aware of any interoperability in the last few years.

Yes, I'd prefer to stay away from these sorts of political issues.
Specifying, say, GNU make because we want to pick a particular type of
make is one thing - getting into a which ssh battle just sounds like a
headache.

-eric

--
Eric Christopher <echristo@redhat.com>