This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [tree-ssa]: Overlap of variable with same variable?
- From: Daniel Berlin <dberlin at dberlin dot org>
- To: Daniel Berlin <dberlin at dberlin dot org>
- Cc: Andrew MacLeod <amacleod at redhat dot com>,gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Thu, 29 May 2003 22:29:40 -0400
- Subject: Re: [tree-ssa]: Overlap of variable with same variable?
On Thursday, May 29, 2003, at 07:56 PM, Daniel Berlin wrote:
When I hit the abort, it says there is an overlap between t and var
(gdb) p debug_generic_expr (t)
$1 = void
(gdb) p debug_generic_expr (var)
This is not a possible overlap, they are the same variable.
Strike that, i'm slow today.
It appears it thinks they are both live at the same time when they
aren't, in the liveness stuff, so a conflict edge gets added, and the
partitions don't get coalesced, and everything goes to hell.