Re: GCSE/PRE problem

Hi,
      I have noticed that in some spec benchmarks store motion has degraded
the performance.
by enabling/disabling store motion in gcse , I noticed that twolf , gap ,
and gzip performance was degraded.
Have you seen the same results? is there a known problem which causes this?

Regards,
  Mostafa Hagog
 Systems and Software  Department
 IBM Research Lab in Haifa
 e-mail: mustafa@il.ibm.com
 Phone: +972 4 829-6518   Fax: +972 4 829-6116

                      Zdenek Dvorak
                      <rakdver@atrey.karlin.m        To:       Mostafa Hagog/Haifa/IBM@IBMIL
                      ff.cuni.cz>                    cc:       gcc@gcc.gnu.org
                                                     Subject:  Re: GCSE/PRE problem
                      05/05/2003 21:46

Hello,

>   You are correct , I have changed the implementation of  "pre_ins
> ert_copy_insn" function and it did worked.

btw if you did not already, could you please try to push this patch to
mainline? I believe we may be missing important share of optimization
opportunities due to this.

Zdenek